Tuesday, June 3, 2014

List of THM Snack Items - ALL HEALTHY & GUILT FREE! Yipee!



PREFACE: YOU WILL LIKELY NOT LIKE OR NOT BE EXCITED about snacks and sweets that are sugar free UNTIL you are OFF sugar for a while.  Your CAN change your palette and learn to like foods on this plan, but you have to want to do it and it takes time. *smile* 

1. 85% (or higher) Chocolate ( I like Lindt in bulk on Amazon). Two square limit. (S)

2. Chocolate chips - Hershey's makes Sugar Free chips found at some Walmarts that are ok but not ideal ingredients.  The better but more pricey choice is Lily's which I buy on Vitacost online. I don't eat these alone but I thought you would want this listed in a snack idea list to be eaten with nuts or to use in recipes for snacks. 

3. Celery with chicken salad or buffalo chicken spread --YUMMM-- or a great natural peanut butter or "on plan" dip! Here is a link to some dips and dressings on my pinterest board.  (S)

4. Today I had the outer part of an apple and 1/2 cup of overnight oatmeal for a snack. (E)

5. There are a million baked muffin recipes or muffin in a mug recipes that are a great snack!

6. String cheese with a few nuts! Pistachios are awesome with cheese! Nice and salty. (S) I also keep a baggie of raw almonds in my purse most of the time so that when I get stuck somewhere between meals I have a snack, but I only eat a few 3-8. I try very hard to eat something every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

7. Smoothies! This is like my basic one CLICK HERE, but there are a million ways to change it up! Look for more THM drinks and smoothies HERE. You can even mix up the the dry ingredients separately from the wet ahead of time! They can be S, E or FP depending on how you make it.

8. I finally found a way that I like plain greek yogurt; I add Sweet Blend and an extract like orange, cherry, banana, caramel, etc.  YUM! (FP)

9. I love this pudding only I add cocoa as well.  I need it to be chocolate! And sometimes peanut flour for a peanut butter flavor too. (FP) I double it and keep it in jars in the fridge till it's gone!

10. I love the nut slab, the rich fudge and the cream pops recipes from the THM book! (S)

11. I want to try these soon - Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas! (E)

12. Deviled Eggs.  OR even just boiled eggs with pink salt! (S) or just whites for (E).

13. My favorite brownies CLICK HERE - I don't add the applesauce.

14. My favorite chocolate chip cookies CLICK HERE - I like to change it to 1/2 cup coconut flour and 1/2 cup almond flour, to get a shortbread-like taste. (S)

15. Sweet tea (made with sweet juice concentrate), water, sodastream..... I know those are not snacks but sometimes I think I want a snack when I really am just thirsty! I keep cold filtered water in the fridge and it is sometimes the perfect "snack"!

This is just a random list of the stuff I have been eating for snacks.  I am not an admin for THM and I am open to correction if I am listing anything incorrectly! Just let me know! I would also love to hear more suggestions from you!

Thanks y'all!

No comments: