Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting.

Rushing home to be by my mother's side before she died, I had no idea how long the next four days would be.  How hard it would be. How I would sit, lay, or sleep by her side for the next four days. How I would count each breath wondering which one would be her last. Waiting. Holding her hand, kissing her cheek. Both wishing her into the arms of Christ and wishing her hand to stay in mine. Waiting.

Knowing He knows best. His timing is perfect.

I am still reading Paul David Tripp's " A Shelter in the Time of Storm".  What a blessing it  has been.

This searching for more of God.....well, I am finding more. 

Read this:

"The reality if waiting is that it's an expression of God's goodness. He is wise and loving.  His timing is always right, and his focus isn't so much on what you will experience and enjoy, but on what you will become." 

And it gets better... lets keep reading:


He is committed to using every tool at his disposal to rescue you from yourself and to shape you into the likeness of his Son. The fact is that waiting is one of his primary shaping tools."

He talked previously about strengthening our spiritual muscles.  That is what he is doing. And if you are a believer and follower of Jesus Christ he is doing it because:

 "... Your life no longer belongs to you. Your story is no longer just your story.  You have been welcomed to the kingdom of another, and your life is part of the plan and purpose of that kingdom. Don't allow yourself to start thinking that you are in the center of your universe. Remember, you have been chosen to live for the glory of Another, and when you do you will reach levels of personal contentment and joy that aren't possible any other way."

Through all of this, I believe that to be true. Without a doubt.

God taught me amazing things through my mother when she was here on this earth, now he is teaching me amazing things through her no longer being on this earth.


Here's one of my favorite pictures of her. 
It's a photo of her and my sister
on her first metro/subway/train ride
in Washington D.C. in 2006.  
She was a little nervous, 
but mostly excited.
It was SUCH a FUN trip!
Have you gone on a trip with your moma lately? 
You should. 
And take lots of pictures. 
*smile*




1 comment:

DawnBarb said...

Great thoughts (as always) Beth! Wonderful picture too! She looks a little unsure, but i'll bet it was a great time. I need more pictures of my mom!