Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another book review!

I still had the itch after the last book to find a book about what it is like to be on the Biggest Loser. While I have no desire to be on ANY reality show, I am curious how much reality there even is in a reality show. This time I found the answers in Believe It, Be It by Ali Vincent, the first female winner of the Biggest Loser (Season 5 in 2007).
What a fun read! She takes you from day one to the present in her life. She is a woman of incredible inner strength. While not a Christian, she demonstrates beautifully the power of believing in the truth.
I think my favorite quote would be from the final two pages of the book where she prints her journal entry from her flight home after winning the big finale of 2007. She says, "My body is my Olympic solo, my Tour de France, my Mount Everest, my Super Bowl touchdown, my step on the moon. We all know what dreams are, but do we have the courage and the strength to dream them, to dream impossible dreams, to say, Yes I do."

I love that! Mastering control of food in our lives can feel like an incredible challenge. But God gives us the tools if we will only accept them. If you need a little push.... this is a great read!

What dream do you want to conquer?

No comments: