Saturday, May 16, 2009

I know, I know....

.... I am spoiled!
Really.... the truth is I am blessed.
I got a 50mm lens for Mother's Day..... it arrived last night.
Today I took oodles of pics!
(Please hide your surprise.)
I am so thrilled I am "high"!
( For those of you who care: It is a Sigma 50mm 1.4. It is EVEN better than I imagined. And my expectations were high! Really, really high! I read about it on line..... people praise this lens like crazy. I debated and debated and debated and changed my mind a hundred times or more over which lens I wanted. Could I trust a Sigma? Will it be worth the extra $ for that buttery bokeh? That narrow narrow depth of field.
Oh ... it is.... is sooo is worth it!
To me!!
It is also close enough in size to fit my filters from my other lens too!
Yall know I OVER analyze everything!
Everything! But in this case it paid off!)

Here we go! (said in Mario voice)





Isn't that cute!
Um yes Daniel is hanging from a tree branch.
His idea.
This might be my fav pic yet with Cash.

Now for more examples of depth of field and bokeh with the Sigma.... and this is only my first day to play! AND these were taken in bright sunlight!







Now this one is just me testing out the 1.4 setting... it is too blurry on purpose.... just there as a great example of what this lens can do.
This one too is too blurry but I will crop and lighten the one above and you will see where I am trying to go!
Ta-da!
I love this!
How about cropped a little more!

I hope yall are enjoying this half as much as I am?
Or are yall sick of the lilacs and goofy daniel pics?
I would really like to know.
Cause I've got more!
Oh,
there's more!

Oh yeah! Yall wanted to know how to make them big. I will do that soon! Sorry, I get carried away with sharing more pics!
*smile*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what bokeh is, but I love the look. I love these photos. I tried to take photos of my lilacs tonight, they pale in comparison. If you ever want to take photos of dark purple lilacs, just bring Cash on over.:)

Paula

David said...

The nifty fifty rocks! Congrats! I bought my fifty mostly for low light concert photography where a flash is not allowed. I can turn up the ISO just a little and put that big aperture to work for some low light photos that aren't too grainy. It's great for that, but I find I use it for a lot of other things too. You'll really enjoy it!

Heth said...

Fun! And Funny! I use my 50mm almost exclusively.

Stacey said...

I love to see your creative side and Daniel just makes me laugh!!!

Good for you!!!

Lindsay said...

Whoo Hoo for the new lens! Enjoy it ... I KNOW you will!