Thursday, July 3, 2014

"I don't cheat. --Or do I?-- Hmmmm...."




Jennifer Griffin, a THM administrator, put out a 31 day challenge for the month of July to be a month with NO CHEATS.  At first I thought, hmmm, I don't cheat, at least not much, let's try it. So I joined the challenge. I, and most everyone in the challenge, have been a bit surprised.

Day one: THREE "mini" cheats faced and conquered. But I was a bit surprised since I really "don't cheat"! *wink*

Day two: I stopped counting and just began the "I don't cheat" way of thinking and just determined to hurdled those temptations. DID IT!

Day three: I packed VERY WELL for for my 8+ hrs at work today so that I will have no reason to even THINK about cheating! (I even restocked the desk drawer with on plan Quest bars for emergencies.)


What are my "mini cheats"?

Most often they are condiments, Diet Cherry Pepsi or Sugar Free items that contain off plan sweeteners or ingredients. OH! And too much Gwen's Bread! They don't seem like a big deal, but there is a reason they are "off plan".  Either they are not healthy or they will actually spike blood sugar even though there is not really sugar in the item! Yikes! I don't need that! Or the little cheats that  might push me into a crossover which = no fat/carb burn. *sad face*

I don't really WANT that.

One woman said it well this week on FB: "it just hit me today that I don't need to cheat to feel satisfied! There are enough on-plan craves, treats & more that can keep me doing great! "

THAT is it! On this plan there are so many things you can do to work around the temptations that you really don't need to cheat to be satisfied.  NOW, does a sugar free brownie taste like a "normal" brownie? NO! But once you get off sugar, IT'LL taste pretty close! AND it will be guilt free.  I can handle that!


Don't feel sorry for me for going off sugar! I am FINE! I am loving this way of eating! I have aquired a taste for things with no sugar! I still eat BREAD (on plan bread)! I still eat chocolate EVERY DAY! And now I eat healthy too, all the time! And I don't have to fight sugar/carb CRAVINGS ALL DAY like I did BEFORE THM! SEE!?!? Don't feel sorry for me! 



MAYBE after July I can truly say, I don't cheat! 

Thanks for the challenge, Jennifer! 

(I love her.)



End of July update:  It is the 23rd of July and I thought I should update this and share that I quit the challenge a week or so ago.  
Why? 
Well, I just enjoy the flexibility of the plan so much that I don't feel I need to be "100% cheat free" right now.  I am about 15 lbs from an all time low for my adult lifetime.  I am pretty content with my weight right now, but hope to slowly take of these last 15 or more. I guess I am just not motivated to be that strict with the plan right now for me.  I LOVE the plan, every part of it.  I just don't want to be a slave to it, and that is what it was starting to feel like with the commitment to have ZERO cheats.  I don't cheat much anyway. Just an FYI.  I am still on plan for life! 








No comments: