Wednesday, February 8, 2012

We*ight Tracker Wednesday!

I am back with an update! One. One p*ound gone.  And I am not surprised for week two after dropping four last week.  And I know that I did great this week with my eating and with my workouts! Found out that the hamstring doesn't even like the bike at the gym. But I increased my time and resistance on the elliptical and really am getting awesome workouts!

Now for a new recipe... this one I liked, Daniel and boys liked.  I personally want more spice but I will add that next time! It is fun to bake biscuits on top at the end!


Crockpot Chicken & Biscuits Stew
Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 cups cut up potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 cups baby cut carrots
2 celery ribs, sliced
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans 98% Fat Free cream of celery or cream of chicken soup

1 cup water
1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
 
2 cups baking mix ( such as Bisquick)
2/3 cup milk

Directions:
1. Stir into a 6 quart slow cooker the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery.
2. Into a medium size bowl stir together the soup, water, thyme and black pepper
and pour mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or High 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir together baking mix and milk in a medium size bowl.
Drop batter by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Turn to HIGH. Tilt lid to vent and cook 30 minutes
or until biscuits are cooked in the center.
Yield: 8 Servings -Serving Size: 1-1/4 Cups per Serving -Nutritional Information
Calories 312, Fat 8g, Cholesterol 60mg, Carbs 33g, Fiber 3g, Protein 25g

No comments: