Saturday, December 3, 2011

Beauty.



Chapter 6 excerpts from the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp:

"Strange, I hadn't even noticed that I'd been hungry for Beauty until I ran for the moon.... do I always want to see more beauty... more of the glory of God?  Because that is what I am made for, to give Him more glory.  More eucharisteo, more.  And not only yesterday, but today.... manna today or I starve."

here is more:

" See beauty and we know it in the marrow, even if we have no words for it. Someone is behind it, in it.  Beauty Himself completes."


and in regard to photographing that beauty:

"Focus and click focus and click..... A hunter trying to capture.  And none of the shots close enough, wide enough, radiant enough for the hunter.... I have to seek God's beauty because isn't my internal circuitry wired to seek out something worthy of worship?  For true Beauty worship, (is) worship of Creator Beauty Himself."

worship of nature:

"nature is not God but God revealing the weight of Himself, all His glory, through the looking glass of nature."

No comments: