Thursday, March 11, 2010

I can't stop....

.... here is another quote:

We are either the masters or the victims of our attitudes. ~John Maxwell.

I like that.

I do both. Back and forth. The more tired I am the more I take on the victim. The more rested I am the more I take on the master.

I also like that God's word tells us HOW to master our attitudes!

"For God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, and of power and of sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Philippians 4:8
Finally brothers, whatsoever things are true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise, think on these things.

(These are all verses and the quote from the same book I mentioned before. )

It is just in line with last week's sermon at church and a conversation I had with a friend this week. I am called to master my attitude. I am called to master my emotions. It is not the emotions that are bad, they are natural, it is what I do in response. That is the tough part. That is the part He is watching. That is the part He is waiting to give me power over.

It is my choice.

No comments: